Construction Applications of BellHawk
BellHawk has been used to track the fabrication and installation of building
- Curtain wall windows
- Granite cladding
- Cabinetry and millwork
- Steel girders and ironwork
- Heating and air conditioning ductwork and equipment
- Granite counter tops
- Ceramic roofing tiles
- Architectural metalwork
- Audiovisual equipment and wiring
In such applications, the BellHawk software:
- Tracks the receipt, storage, and movement of building materials
between multiple geographic locations, including stock-rooms,
warehouses, yards, and construction sites.
- Tracks materials by length, width, color and other user defined
parameters with a common part number.
- Tracks the issuance, movement, and return of tools and other assets,
including the locations of tools, who they are issued to, and
which truck they are on.
- Provides a real-time view of the status of all materials and tools
at all locations anywhere there is an internet connection on tablets,
PCs, and smart-phones.
- Tracks the cutting, welding, fabrication, painting, and assembly of
architectural elements and retains a traceability record in case
problems subsequently occur and it is necessary to establish legal
- Automatically generates barcode labels to accurately identify each
component, sub-assembly and assembly to be installed on site.
- Records the packing of materials to be shipped to site, including
generation of barcode labels
- Tracks the loading of materials and tools onto trucks and
keeps a permanent record of what was shipped to site in case disputes
subsequently arise as to what was shipped.
- Can track the receipt of materials on site, their storage in
different locations on site, and their installation.
- Tracks the return of materials and tools from job sites.
Best of all, BellHawk eliminates the use of paper forms and manual
keyboard data entry to do all of this tracking. Eliminating this labor
intensive and mistake-prone process can often save smaller organizations the
equivalent of one full-time equivalent (FTE) person and larger organizations
two or three FTE people at a loaded labor cost of over $50,000 per person
This application of BellHawk typically requires the Real-Time Operations
Tracking System (RTOPS) in conjunction with the Warehouse Management (WMS)
plus the project management option. Also many of these applications involve
the use of the barcode label printing appliance (BLPA) to print out labels
to identify each component and the release it belongs to.