Chemicals Manufacturing Applications of BellHawk
BellHawk is used by organizations that make chemical compounds in small
batches, typically on a quick-turnaround basis.
In these applications BellHawk:
- Tracks the receipt of the raw materials in bags, barrels, and other
containers as well as from tanker trucks into silos.
- Tracks which lots of which chemicals from which suppliers were used
to make up a chemical product mix.
- Warns technicians if they are about to add the wrong materials or
wrong quantities into a mix based on stored Bills of Materials or
- Can integrate weighing scales for pre-weighing chemicals to add to a
mix, to weigh mix incrementally (especially as chemicals such a alcohol
are added from silos), and to weigh containers of left over materials.
- Tracks the packaging of the mix into containers and prints out
product labels complete with license plate number (LPN) tracking
barcodes for each container.
- Tracks left over materials stored in mix room for use on subsequent
- Tracks sample testing of raw, intermediate, and finished materials
and applies results to whole batches.
- Captures relevant test data, which may then appear on the
automatically generated product labels.
- Tracks which product containers were shipped to each customer, so
they can be quickly recalled in the event of discovery of defects.
- Can track which chemicals were loaded onto each truck so that
customized Bills of Lading can be automatically generated.
Best of all, BellHawk eliminates the use of paper forms and manual
keyboard data entry to do all of this tracking. Eliminating this labor
intensive and mistake-prone process can often save smaller defense
equivalent of one full-time equivalent (FTE) person and larger DoD
two or three FTE people at a loaded labor cost of over $50,000 per person